Thailand is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world. And for good reason. White sands stretch as far as the eye can see, tropical palm trees wave in the breeze, magnificent temples rise from the sidewalks and crystal clear waters lap up onto the beaches. Island hop along the Andaman coast on the Southwest side of Thailand, to explore famous destinations such as Phi Phi, Krabi and Phuket.
You’re spoilt for choice when it comes to beautiful beach destinations. But this is not all Thailand is famous for. Enjoy lively bustle in the major cities like Bangkok and Chiang Mai. Or go for a rural adventure surrounded by wildlife and mountains in places like Pai or Lampang. Wherever you go in Thailand, you’ll be rewarded with great hospitality and the famous Thai smile.
Enjoy Stunning Scenery in the Gulf of Thailand
The Gulf of Thailand sits in the southernmost point. It’s where weary travelers flock to enjoy sunshine, days on the beach and cruises to tropical destinations. Bordered by Cambodia, Vietnam and Thailand, these waters contain numerous islands, bays and beaches not to be missed. The best islands to visit in the Gulf of Thailand include;
- Koh Tao. Koh Tao or ‘’Turtle Island’’ is a divers paradise surrounded by bountiful marine life and crystal clear waters. It enjoys a more laid back vibe than some of the other islands, making it the perfect place to chill
- Koh Pha Ngan. If you love to party till dawn, Koh Pha Ngan is the place for you. The famous Full Moon Party draws in 20,000 ravers each year who dance all night on the beach. If you have any energy left, the island has plenty quieter beaches and jungle trails to explore
- Koh Chang. Koh Chang sits close to the border of Cambodia and is the third largest island in Thailand. A little quieter than the rest, visit Salakkok Bay to view a traditional fishing village and Had Sai Noi beach for a relaxed bohemian vibe
- Koh Samui. What started out as a backpacker’s paradise, has now matured and become a luxury beach resort destination. Enjoy lazy days on the beach, walks through green forests and swimming with marine life
Island Hop Along the Beautiful Andaman Coast
The Andaman Coast sits to the southwest side of Thailand. It stretches 450km of jaw-dropping coastline, with a mix of busy and more secluded island destinations. You can start in Phuket or Railay to the north and island hop down the Andaman Coast. Islands not to miss include;
- Phi Phi Islands. Phi Phi became a must-visit destination after being featured in the film ‘’The Beach’’. While there are beautiful beaches to visit here, it does get busy at peak times
- Koh Lanta. This island is the perfect place to spend time lounging on the beach. Because the beach is long, you can get away from the crowds easily. It offers a laid back vibe with a decent selection of beach restaurants and shops
- Koh Jum, Koh Ngai, Koh Muk and Koh Kradan. Smaller, quieter islands where you can get a taste of laid back, traditional island life