The Complete Guide to Chartering a Yacht for Vacation
A sailing vacation is the ideal way to de-stress, enjoy stunning scenery and spend time with your loved ones. Yachting is different from hopping on a cruise. A yacht charter puts you in control of the itinerary and gives you flexibility on how long to stop in each destination.
This is perfect if you really love an island and want to stay an extra few days. But, before you get going, you need to decide what yacht to take and how to plan your charter vacation for success. Check the complete guide below on chartering a yacht for vacation.
What Type of Yacht Charter is Right for You?
The first decision to make is what type of yacht charter is right for you? Bareboat yacht charters, skippered charters, crewed yacht charters and day/night charters are the main options explained below.
- Bareboat yacht charters. Are you an experienced sailor, with many sailing trips under your belt? If you answered yes, a bareboat charter is perfect, allowing you to take control and sail your yacht for all or part of your vacation.
- Skippered yacht charters. If you don’t have much sailing experience, get a skipper on board to do the work for you. Skippered yacht charters allow you to relax, knowing you’ll get to your destination safely.
- Crewed charters. Fancy the all-inclusive luxury 5-star experience? Then a crewed charter is the way to go, giving you a full team that caters to every whim.
- Day Trip or Overnight charter. If you don’t have much time, a short day or night charter is the answer.
What Amenities Do You Need on Your Yacht?
When planning your dream yacht charter, decide what amenities you need to complete your trip. Some options include:
- Air conditioning
- How many beds
- Shower and wash facilities
- Water toys such as slides, snorkeling, jet skis, paddleboards, kayaks etc.
- Food and drink. Will you supply provisions or want food prepared for you?
- A chef for longer trips?
- Will you be celebrating an occasion and want a party?
Decide on Your Preferred Yachting Itinerary
Check out our cruising guide for ideas on destinations and itineraries. Talk with your family and guests to decide where you want to go and which highlights you must see. Asia Marine charters yachts in areas such as:
- Burma (Myanmar)
Things to consider before you depart:
- How do you want to spend your time? More time sailing or plenty of on land adventures?
- Agree with guests on the must-see highlights.
- Research preferred places to stop and dine out.
- Plan the marinas you will be stopping at. Arriving early ensures you get a berth.
- Discuss plans with your yacht charter team, if you’ll be having a crew or a skipper on board.